Earlier this winter my dash cam stopped working. I thought perhaps the bitter cold killed it. But no, it was the cheapo Chinese Cable from eBay that broke. I didn’t find out until I replaced a fuse, the easy way to check would have been just plugging in the USB/ cigarette lighter Cable that the cam came with.
anyway, once I discovered what the issue was I ordered a new Cable on eBay… also from China, also cheap… actually much cheaper than the original, under $3 bux shipped! And this time I ordered one I should have gotten from the get go… a 90 degree cable that won’t experience the same crimping that killed the straight wire I replaced today… some pix:
The new cable came with a smaller converter, which I relocated to the A pillar area instead of the kick panel where the old one was. I also soldered the connections instead of just crimping them. All should be better quality now than my original hack job a few years ago when I first got this dash cam.